Sunday, July 19, 2009

Reaction to Estrella Alfon's Servant Girl

Rosa in Estrella Alfon's Servant Girl is a typical servant or slave who is maltreated by her mistress. Rosa can be compared to the Overseas Filipino Workers who were also maltreated by their boss. I think that the story happens between the Spanish period. I adore the character of Rosa for having a lot of patient and perseverance despite of her having been maltreated by her mistress and being isolated from other people due to her mistress' orders. I also pity her for not having a good life and a good mistress.

I think that the story is partly about Rosa's love story and her life being a servant girl but as the title says it focuses more on Rosa's life of being a servant. I compare the servant girl to the tale of Cinderella. I compare it to the tale of Cinderella because Rosa and Cinderella were both servant and maltreated by their mistress, step sisters or step mother and they also have similar love stories except that Rosa's love story ended not as she had expected. Still I think that it is a very good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment